- Size: 40 x 18 x 9 mm / 1.6 x 0.7 x 0.3"
- Weight: 4.5 g / 0.16 oz
The Weatronic Tiny 5 is the most advanced and the most integrated sub- miniature receiver available on the market.
This product is being used by hundreds of modellers around the world and has proven the highest levels of reliability and performance for five years and thousands of operating hours.
The Weatronic Tiny 5 is a non redundant intelligent frequency hopping receiver offering 5 channel in a super compact package while keeping the legendary build quality of this Made in Germany product. The antenna is integrated in the receiver casing.
Why intelligent frequency hopping system?
Because the Weatronic system makes maximum use of the 80 channels allocated in the 2.4 GHz band. It scans the band at a rate of 100 times per second. The system then automatically chooses open channels to hop to. It will not hop to an occupied channel in the 2.4 Ghz band. This feature will offer you an unmatched RF link robustness for your model.
The range obtained with the tiny 5 is a maximum of 0.5 km/ 0.3 mi and is recommended for foamy models or small gliders.
However several features make this system unique for such a compact format:
1. A World unique RF link diagnostic tool and quality database characterising thousands of flights and flight hours to enable you to compare your results from day to day, models to models and with other modellers/ types of model. This tool is so precise that it will enable you to see a drop of 1% in the RF link quality and it will enable you to optimize your antenna placement in the model.
2. The Gigacontrol software will enable you to characterize the antenna reception field and choose the best antenna positioning thanks to its unique 3D data presentation.
3. Each receiver output can be completely custom programmed with a very clear graphic interface, including travel, curve, reverse, gyro assignment ( when available ), failsafe position, servo pulse rate, speed and much more. Receivers can be paired as slave/ master to increase the number of channels.
4. Every receiver has a full telemetry capability including voice readback in English language that is fully programmable from Gigacontrol. All the data is recorded on a micro SD card and can be live viewed on a laptop or Android device ( with the bluetooth DV4 module ).
5. A full range of telemetry sensors is available, including GPS module, pitot tube, temperature sensors, RPM meter, current sensors, glider module with variometer...
6. Developed to the new ETSI standard EN 300 328 V1.8.1, offering an enormous noise resistance to this product.
7. 100% made in Germany from the highest quality aerospace grade components by specialists of microwave transmission systems.
- up to 5 channels input and 5 servos output, can be paired to another receiver, of any Weatronic range ( Smart, Micro, Gizmo ).
- SD-memory card data recording from the DV4 module
- 1 integrated antennas
- simple, individually programmable channels
- firmware upgradeable, therefore always up to date
- transmission: adaptive frequency operation (principle)
- hopping frequencies: 80
- hopping speed: 100 Hz
- operating distance:< 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- antennas: 1 wired micro contact coax antennas
- telemetry transmitting power: 20 dBm (100 mW)
- inputs: 1 x for telemetry chain
- status indicators: 2 LED on the housing
- operating voltage: 3,8 – 10.0 Volt
- current load up to 5 A DC
- temperature range: -10 °C to +60 °C / 14 °F to +140 °F (non condensing)
- dimensions: 40 (30) x 18 x 9 mm / 1,6 (1,2) x 0,7 x 0,3"
- weight: 4,5 g / 0,16 oz