- Size: 143 x 84 x 27 mm / 5,6 x 3,3 x 1,1"
- Weight: 270 g / 9,5 oz
The Weatronic Gizmo is the most advanced and the most integrated receiver available on the market.
It is available as 30 or 22 channels in HV, Gyro II and Gyro III versions.
This product is being used by hundreds of modellers around the world and has proven the highest levels of reliability and performance for five years and thousands of operating hours.
The most important feature of that system is the Weatronic truly redundant intelligent frequency hopping algorythm it is using. The transmitter modules and receivers are operating with 2 completely independent transmitting and receiving systems that are constantly scanning the band and updating their data for maximum radio reception.
Why intelligent frequency hopping system?
Because the Weatronic system makes maximum use of the 80 channels allocated in the 2.4 GHz band. It scans the band at a rate of 100 times per second. The system then automatically chooses open channels to hop to. It will not hop to an occupied channel in the 2.4 Ghz band. This feature, together with the 128 bit GUID encryption offers the most robust RF link on the market.
The Gizmo unit can use optionally high efficiency patch antennas that have a hemispheric reception pattern, eliminating masking problems. The range obtained with this system is outstanding at up to 5 km or 3.2 Mi.
Then several features make this system unique:
1. A World unique RF link diagnostic tool and quality database characterising thousands of flights and flight hours to enable you to compare your results from day to day, models to models and with other modellers/ types of model. This tool is so precise that it will enable you to see a drop of 1% in the RF link quality and it will enable you to optimize your antenna placement in the model.
2. The Gigacontrol software will enable you to characterize the antenna reception field and choose the best antenna positioning thanks to its unique 3D data presentation.
3. Each receiver output can be completely custom programmed with a very clear graphic interface, including travel, curve, reverse, gyro assignment ( when available ), failsafe position, servo pulse rate, speed and much more.
4. Every receiver has a full telemetry capability including voice readback in English language that is fully programmable from Gigacontrol. All the data is recorded on a micro SD card and can be live viewed on a laptop or Android device ( with the bluetooth DV4 module ).
5. A full range of telemetry sensors is available, including GPS module, pitot tube, temperature sensors, RPM meter, current sensors, glider module with variometer...
6. The power bus on the Gizmo receiver features 8 servo banks, each with their own voltage regulator for a total current capacity of 40A. Each bank is monitored by the system and isolated in case of a short circuit. This has saved many models already.
7. A battery test routine is launched at each receiver power up. It applies a given resistive load to each battery and checks that the voltage drop stay within a given value. If not, the receiver will send a battery warning. The Gizmo is compatible with may types of batteries, including 2S LiPo, 3S A123.
8. 100% made in Germany from the highest quality aerospace grade components by specialists of microwave transmission systems.
- up to 16 channels and 30 servo outputs
- 8 separate servo banks short-circuit safe and voltage regulated (each bank 5.5 or 7,4 Volt selectable on HV version, 4.8 or 6.0 Volt else)
- Up to 3 gyros and external GPS availability
- compatible with all Telemetry sensors
- integrated, loss free double current (power) supply
- SD-memory card space as the „Black Box“ (flight data recorder)
- automatic servo synchronization
- switchboard (external on/off switch, binding)
- 2 antennas inputs (SMA)
- battery test when switching on
- simple, individually programmable channels
- upgradeable, therefore always up to date
- transmission: adaptive frequency operation (principle)
- hopping frequencies: 80
- hopping speed: 100 Hz
- operating distance: > 3.000m / > 1.8 mi, with patch-antenna > 5.000m / > 3.0 mi (unobstructed view)
- antennas: 2 x SMA-adaptors (serial 2 x 200 mm )
- telemetry transmitting power: 20 dBm (100 mW)
- inputs: 2 x for external gyros
- status indicators: 2 LED on the switchboard, 3 LED on the housing
- operating voltage: 6,0 (5,0) – 10,0 Volt (it is not possible to switch on the device if both batteries are under 6,0 Volt )
- current load up to 40 A DC (temperature sensitive)
- temperature range: -10 °C to +60 °C / 14 °F to +140 °F (non condensing)
- dimensions: 143 x 84 x 27 mm / 5,6 x 3,3 x 1,1ʺ
- weight: 270 g / 9,5 oz