- Length: 2.11 m/ 83"
- Span: 1.77 m/ 70"
- Weight with a 100N turbine: 10 kgs
- Servos: 9
The new generation Scorpion is an evolution of the older model. The main difference lies within the moulding technique. This model is now produced at our Eastern Europe facility and features second to none quality layup. As a result, the model is stronger and significantly lighter than before.
The improvements over the previous Scorpion are the following:
- New molds CNC cut with perfect molding plans
- Aero grade plywood/ liteply formers CNC cut and precisely adjusted.
- Drilled Airex composite sandwich.
- Airframe painted in the molds using aero grade gel coat.
- New Stabilizer actuation system with aluminium clamping arm, HD aluminium ball link and 4 mm threaded pushrod.
- New stabilizer pivot tube system.
- New live hinging technique using specific hinging nylon ribbons
The stabilizer pivot and clamping arm were designed using CFD simulation and advanced flight control computation spreadsheet.
For a complete description of the flight controls servo requirements and stabilizer white paper, please refer to the download section of this page.
The Scorpion has a unique shape, with its large canopy, 2 side air intakes, twin fins, anhedral full flying stabilizers and top fuselage speed brake.
It was designed using the same airfoil as the SuperPhoenix, giving very good low speed performance as well as very fast top end speeds at full power. However, it features gentle stall characteristics. It is the perfect model for beginner to expert pilot.
Mk2 being significantly lighter, it can be powered with our Merlin VT-80 without any problem.
Here is a video of our demo plane powered by the VT-80, flying in Dubai in the summer by 110F and at a density altitude of 6000 feet.
This plane is still doing demos around the world with great success on a VT-80. Powerplant up to 120 N with light modern engines are suitable for this kit.
The model is painted in the molds, all the bulkheads are glued, and all the control surfaces are hinged. No gluing is required.
The Scorpion features a large canopy for an easy access to remote control components, engine accessories and fuel tank.
The large fuselage hatch also enables an excellent access to the turbine, fuel system and tailpipe.
So setting up the model at the field is very easy and the Scorpion will be your perfect Sunday flyer, featuring low maintenance and an outstanding and unique look at the field.
The fuselage hatch can be upgraded with an optional speed brake, that is perfect for short airfield and gives the Scorpion a very unique look on approach.
Our landing gear is made by Behotec has been designed for grass runway operations. It features trailing link mains and is incredibly strong and reliable, as all Behotec gears.
The fuselage is in 2 parts, with plug in wings and fins for an easy transportation (very important for a Sunday flyier).
All 3 gear are mounted in the fuselage, saving you from having to plug any pneumatic line at the field.
The new Behotec C36 all electric gear and brakes is available as an option and is highly recommended for a full electric plane that takes a couple of minutes to setup at the field!
Our new MIL spec loom will save you hours of routing electrical cables and crimping/ welding plugs. It is 100% hand made by our aero certified engineers and feature heat protection wrap around sleeve, silicon HD servo wire, our PYCABS clips and EWC 3 and 6 plugs.
• High quality epoxy-glass fuselage in 2 parts painted;
• All plywood and wood parts glued;
• Epoxy glass inlets fitted;
• Fully molded wings, fins and stabs painted;
• Access hatch requiring no additional framework;
• Pre cut dorsal air brake;
• All hardware (screws, hatch latches, servo covers...);
• Aluminium joining tube;
• Instructions manual in English.
- Pneumatic landing gear and brakes
- Electric landing gear and brakes
- High Modulus carbon fiber servo hatch
- MIL spec loom
- Clear canopy
- Kevlar tank
- Pneumatic speed brake
- Pneumatic speed brake (P&P)
- Electric speed brake
- Exhaust pipe
- Wing/ fin bags
• Basic white gel coat;
• Swiss team;
• Yellow / black;
• Silver/ red;
• Blue Angels.