This is the highest quality air trap available on the market and the best product I ever tested.
100% made in the USA by Tom Cook.
We recommend setting it up according to the Industry best practices.
The advantages of this air trap compared to other products on the market:
1. High buffer capacity offering large air retention capability.
2. Large fittings that can be ordered/ swapped to the customer requirements.
4. Extremely high manufacturing quality and resistance ( super stiff aero spec glass wall ). Superior resistance to cracking.
5. Very strong mounting solution and overall design.
6. Designed for UAV applications.
As a reminder, the main reason for fitting an air trap in the fuel system is to cater for the non perfect clunk pickup. No matter how good the clunk system is setup, you will always end up sucking some air while emptying your tank. Especially towards the end of the flight when the tank empties and while performing aerobatic maneuvers.
In the video above, which demonstrate what happens to the fuel in the tank during aerobatics, the clunk is out of the fuel for 50% of the time, picking up air that will be sent to the air trap during this period.
1. Primarily, The air trap is here to buffer that amount of air and prevent it from entering the pump ( which would cause a flameout condition ). On this respect I strongly recommend fitting an air trap that volume equals to 30 seconds of consumption at full thrust.
2. The second function of a modern air trap is to protect the system against cavitation. For this, the fuel membrane must have two qualities:
a. Offer low restriction
b. Being able to suck fuel even when largely uncovered and in the air
The JMP air trap excels in these two compartments. It uses the best plated paper filter membrane available on the market and super large fittings ( 3/16" and 1/4" size ).
The 4 sizes will allow you to comply with the 30 second rule up to 300 N engine class. The unmatched and proven quality of its membrane will get you the best resistance to cavitation on the market.
Technically speaking air trap consists of an aluminum frame CNC machined and finely anodized, an aero spec composite epoxy tube and a bespoke super fine fuel filter membrane. The glass fiber wall is about two times thicker and more resistant than other products on the market.
The front aluminum plate is machine according to the customer preference and is available in two versions: vertical mount or horizontal mount.
Ultra large 1/4" barbed fittings can be specified on the XL size and the air trap offers the option to have two supply lines for saddle tanks.
Available in sizes S, M L and XL.