This is our new offer to complement the Weatronic system to the Taranis radio.
This package comprises of:
- A Taranis transmitter.
- The Weatronic adapter module for Taranis.
- The DV4 antenna module
- Our PRO welded patch cable
- A specific carbon fiber clip to hold the DV4 module
The carbon fiber clip was specifically designed to offer the best accessibility to all the Taranis switches and rotary knobs while allowing to operate the DV4 buttons. It provides an extremely solid base for the DV4 module.
The features offered by the systems are:
- First triple redundancy 2.4 GHz system on the planet ( relocation of the Taranis antenna required ).
- 12 Channels on triple redundancy ( relocation of the Taranis antenna required ).
- up to 28 channels with 12 on dual redundancy
- Legendary Weatronic RF link reliability coupled to the fantastic flexibility of the Taranis software
- Up to 5 km/ 3.2 mi of range with the Weatronic Gizmo receiver
- Professional grade welded silicon patch cable included
- Custom Taranis carbon fiber bracket included leaving full ergonomics access to the transmitter controls.
- The ability to use any of the Weatronic receivers: up to 60 channels output on two Gizmo 30 receivers setup as master/ slave.
The most important feature of that system is the Weatronic truly redundant intelligent frequency hopping algorythm it is using. The radio modules and receivers are operating with 2 completely independent transmitting and receiving systems that are constantly scanning the band and updating their data for maximum radio reception.
Why intelligent frequency hopping system?
Because the Weatronic system makes maximum use of the 80 channels allocated in the 2.4 GHz band. It scans the band at a rate of 100 times per second. The system then automatically discards occupied channels. It will not hop to a jammed or occuppied channel in the 2.4 Ghz band. This feature will offer you an unmatched RF link robustness for your model.
The Gizmo unit can use optionally high efficiency patch antennas that have a hemispheric reception pattern and a higher gain, eliminating masking problems. The range obtained with this system is outstanding at up to 5 km or 3.2 mi.
Then several features make this system unique:
- A World unique RF link diagnostic tool and quality database characterizing thousands of flights and flight hours to enable you to compare your results from day to day, models to models and with other modelers/ types of model. This tool is so precise that it will enable you to see a drop of 1% in the RF link quality and it will enable you to optimize your antenna placement in the model.
- The Gigacontrol software will enable you to characterize the antenna reception field and choose the best antenna positioning thanks to its unique 3D data presentation.
- Each receiver output can be completely custom programmed with a very clear graphic interface, including travel, curve, reverse, gyro assignment ( when available ), failsafe position, servo pulse rate, speed and much more.
- Every receiver has a full telemetry capability including voice readback in English language that is fully programmable from Gigacontrol. All the data is recorded on a micro SD card and can be live viewed on a laptop or Android device ( with the bluetooth DV4 module ).
- A full range of telemetry sensors is available, including GPS module, pitot tube, temperature sensors, RPM meter, current sensors, glider module with variometer...
- 100% made in Germany from the highest quality aerospace grade components by specialists of microwave transmission systems.